Saturday, January 5, 2008

NBA Bloggers Roundup

Right now we're going to check in with a few NBA Player blogs...

Boomdiddy, aka, Baron Davis, threw up a quick "Happy New Years" post over at the YardBarker:
"Happy New Years yb. This is boomdiddy coming back at you, I am lookin to have another great new year. This year my new years resolution is simple, Win...Win....Win! Ya digg LOL. Everyone have a safe 2008. Ill holla!"
Apparently, someone told Baron it was a good idea to refer to himself as "boomdiddy". I'm just curious as to the origins of such a sweet nickname. It's like crossing P. Diddy with dynamite. Can't get much sweeter than that... unless your nickname is "Laser". Nothing tops "Laser". Also, it seems that I digg "LOL", which I was totally unaware of. It's sort of like discovering a hidden talent. And sleep easy tonight everybody, boomdiddy will holla.

Grizzlie's rookie PG Michael Conley (yes, the son of the guy who almost lost Darren McFadden's bowl eligibility), grabbed a Venti Latte from Starbucks and strapped himself down in front of his computer to blog his inner-most thoughts and desires for Yardbarker:
"I got my first start last night against the Pacers and I would be lying if I told you I wasn't a bit nervous. Once I got up and down the court a few times I was good to go. Now we have to play Boston tomorrow which should be a very tough game for us."
Nope. That's all he wrote. What did we learn here? He was nervous in his first start and the Boston game would be tough. Keep up the hard work, Mike.

Also, someone thought it would be a good idea to give Josh McRoberts his own blog on Yardbarker. Whoever that is, I'd like to shake your hand. For those of you unfamiliar with Josh McRoberts, here's a video tribute to the passionate young man:


Josh's latest blog entry is titled, "Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and What Have You" -- I feel warmer already.
"What's up everybody....I've been busy over the holidays...my family came out on Christmas Eve and stayed for a week...having them at my house mixed with practice and games made for a busy holiday week. I got my first points in the NBA the other day against Philly, I was happy that I got to play a little bit while my family was still in town. We finally lost last night after winning 13 straight, but the good thing about the NBA is we get a chance to start a new streak tomorrow night in Minnesota. Happy New Year...thanks for reading - Josh"
Do you think when his family went to the game, they didn't bother showing up until the 4th quarter, knowing he wouldn't see any action unless there was a blowout? No? Is that a move only my parents pulled during my High School career? Really?

Finally, let's check in with Blog All-Star and sure-fire first ballot Blog Hall of Famer, Gilbert Arenas:
"My daughter got her first little three-year old bike and she got her little BMW car, so she had fun with that. She also got a life-size elephant stuffed animal."
Um, how big is his house that it can hold a life-size elephant stuffed animal, and what on earth is a three-year old going to do with that? She probably couldn't even wrap her tiny little arms around one of the legs... I'd like to see a picture of this monster.

In case you're wondering what Gilbert's New Years Resolution is this year, every day he's going to write down whether he had a happy or bad day.
"Write down if it was a full day of happiness, a half day of happiness or if you were just sad and something happened to mess up your day. You just write it down every day.

So on the 1st, I was happy. Day 2, I was happy. So that’s two out of two in 2008 so far."
And he has some advice, nay, demands for all of us:
"So everybody, it’s a New Year. Don’t do last year’s stuff. We’re not going to do last year’s stuff, people. We’re going to do New Year’s stuff. So make up a list of stuff you can do this year. Don’t go back to the old stuff. I don’t want to see people doing the same things they were doing in 2007.

If y’all doing the same things you were doing in 2007, I ain’t answering the phone. If you were asking for money in 2007, don’t ask for money in 2008. Ask for a job."
That's right... Gilbert's watching! So if you're doing 2007 stuff right now, you better knock it off and start doing 2008 stuff immediately. You! Playing NBA 2K7, put down the controller and slowly step away from the XBOX -- you think Gilbert is going to take your calls when you bring that garbage in the oh-eight? He knows, everybody... Gilbert knows.

No comments: